TDW Closeouts Q&A and Policy
If other vendors are offering the same loads, they are buying from us.
Attention: To all Buyers, Distributors, Flea Market Vendors, Auctioneers, Brokers, Etc. Avoid the middle man, buy direct from T.D.W., your #1 wholesale store returns, salvage and closeouts wholesaler. Whether you are shopping for products by the pallet, by the lot of 5 or more pallets, or by the truckload, you will save all the intermediate costs because we are the primary source for other suppliers and distributors in the Fort Lauderdale and Miami area in Florida, New York, California, Texas, and through the U.S.
T.D.W. will beat any written proposal on all department store returns. Just call or fax us the written proposal and T.D.W. will beat the price! Please contact us today for details. Our prices won't be beat! "We Care About Our Customers"
These are the most frequently asked questions we receive and are happy to answer. Of course, you should contact us if you have any further questions.
- How do we get the merchandise here to my state?
- We offer shipping to you at our discounted cost, or you may use your own means.
- What are the shipping costs?
- Items come from all over the U.S. Currently we ship from OR, WA, CA, TX, NY, IL, MI, MO. So, shipping will depend on what you are interested in and your zip code.
- How do you accept payment?
- We accept cash, cashier's check, money orders or bank wire transfers. In regards to wire transfers, the buyer should call us before and after they have transferred the funds. It takes from 45 minutes to 12 hours for us to receive wires. Once our bank confirms the transaction, the shipment is ready for pickup. If everything goes right, we try to have it all taken care and on the road within 24 hours.
- How long does it take from the time a truck hits the road until I get my truckload?
- Shipping time depends on FOB location to your location. In most cases it takes 5 business days. It could be as high as 12 business days if your area is in a small city and has a long point to point distance. What ever the case may be, the trucking company will call you before delivery. You will also have a tracking number as soon as the trucking is paid for.
- Do I pay you for trucking or do I pay your trucking company?
- It does not matter. It would be a little quicker if you pay us at time of wire transfer. Or, we can have it sent collect so you pay the shipping company when it arrives. Some customers like this as it gives them time to make more money before the load arrives. If a load is to be sent collect, our shippers need to register you with them. You will need to fill out a credit form. This however, could delay the load departing for a day or two. You can also pay the trucking the same day you send a wire to us. Trucking is offered as a courtesy to our customers. We offer it at at our discounted cost.
- Are there any other costs that I should be made aware of?
- Not really. Our prices given before a purchase are rock solid. Shipping by the container (40 foot truck) is rock solid as well. If you are buying by the pallet, there could be a slight increase, or decrease, depending on the class and weight of the item. The only other costs that I can think of that may apply is with having the right equipment to unload the truck, i.e. fork lift, pallet jack, and loading dock. When we arrange shipping, we ask these type of questions, so this should not be a problem down the road.
- Are there any limits on the size of order?
- Being that much of what we sell is salvage or closeouts, the limit to the size of the order depends on what's left. Lets say a customer wanted 2 truckloads of merchandise and only 1 was available. We would have them pay for 1 and a week or 2 later, when we have another, we would contact the buyer and let them know the other load is here and ready for them. On some loads, we can offer 6 month contracts so that the buyer can have a steady supply.
- Do we have any contracts to sign?
- Yes and No. If a buyer is purchasing Department Store goods with us, they must read and sign a paper that they would agree to, for instance, remove the Department Store tags before resale, and the like. As far as our company goes, no, you can buy a load from us once or as many times as you like. We do not make much off of one truckload. Our money is made from customers coming back and buying often. We try as best as we can to offer high quality loads at the right price so that our customers can make money, like our service, and keep coming back.
- It seems that some of the Department Store Loads are "Blind" ?
- This is true, some of them are not inventoried, nor do they have a manifest. Such loads are sold to us by the truckload & sometimes by the pallet. In this Q and A, I cannot mention Department store names, but, if I could, you would see that many of the top Department Stores sell off their salvage loads this way. This is not a bad thing, but a very good thing. If they added up their costs per truckload, our prices would be much higher. One place that we sell a lot of loads from, estimates their average cost per pallet is $3,000.00. That's at their cost. We sell these by the truckload. There are 22 pallets per truckload. We sell them for approximately $425.00 a pallet. So a truckload is $9,350.00 our price, with $66,000.00 at their cost! This is 90% name brand stuff!! That has a restriction though, No West Coast Sales. That was just an example. So the trick is to buy Department Store loads that contain mostly small items. This way, you get a huge amount of products & much larger profits.
- Do I have to go through you and a dozen other people to get the good stuff?
- No, In 95% of the cases we are direct with the Department Store, manufacturer, or warehouse in which the items are coming from. We rarely advertise any items offered to us via the internet. We use our own sources and most likely will always stay that way.
- Can I visit you and inspect the load if I want to before purchase?
- In most cases, Yes, if the merchandise is in one of our warehouses. Some Department Stores do not like tourists for security and time-consuming purposes.
- How do you handle Exporting Items?
- We offer this unique service to our customers. TDW, Inc. can handle your export shipments to all major ports in the world. We have strong representation throughout the world and can handle all your containers in a quick and efficient manner. We handle everything including: Freight Forwarding, Customs Clearance, Ocean Freight, Door-To-Door Service, Door-To-Port Service and more, all focusing on maximizing your opportunities and minimizing you hassle.
- If I choose to buy from someone else down the line, is it okay?
- Sure. You have no ties to us, but, before investing a whole lot with someone else, you may want to run it by us. If it sounds good, we will tell you. Yes, that's right! We will give you free advise on what to look for or what to ask. We want to have you as one of our clients for the long run, so we will help you in any way we can.
- Let's say I am buying from you, and I find another guy selling the same thing you have in all details for less?
- Please let us know. We will try to match or come close to the price if possible. Please keep in mind that others may offer goods, but cannot provide consistently, or it may be a load that has been picked over. In any case, please let us know.
- How do I get on your weekly mailing list?
- Our weekly mailing list is a free service. It is however confidential and can only be used for the person that it is sent to. To get on the mailing list, just go to the weekly section of our main web-site page and click on the mailing list option. Please read the rules.
- I have an Internet web page. Can I advertise your goods on it?
- No. There is to be no public advertising of any of our products. It took us many years to get where we are today, and we have several agreements with large companies not to market these goods against their interests.
TDW Closeouts.com is a worldwide distributor, Importer and exporter of Department salvage/Store Returns and Closeout Merchandise, offering closeouts, liquidation merchandise, salvage, overstock, surplus, and a whole lot more at pennies on the wholesale dollar!
We have been in the closeouts business for many years, supplying to wholesalers, exporters, retailers, auctioneers, ebay, brokers, flea market vendors and closeout distributors. We carry all types of merchandise from major department stores and manufacturers in the USA, from apparel closeouts and liquidation domestics to surplus electronics and overstock toys. We sell by the pallet, by the lot, or by the truckload.
As a result of our tremendous buying power, we have had the capability to pass big savings to YOU! We look forward to doing business with you and keeping you as a valued, long-term customer. Before you buy, give us a try!
- Restriction on Advertising by Customer
- The Customer shall not advertise any purchased Merchandise using the Department Store name(s), which list set forth above may be amended from time to time by the Company on notice to the Customer. The Customer agrees that all labels and tags denoting in any way the Department Stores or this marks or other identifying features, must be removed. Anyone found advertising or not removing labels or tags bearing department store name(s) may, among other things, be permanently barred from purchasing merchandise from the Company.
- "SALVAGE/RETURNS MERCHANDISE, "OVERSTOCK, NEW SHELF-PULLS AND CLOSEOUTS LIQUIDATION MERCHANDISE
Buying Salvage/Returns is the cheapest way to buy anything. It may contain a mixture of some good, bad, unpackaged, items with missing parts, damaged and new merchandise. In other words the good, the bad and the ugly. We cannot guarantee that every salvage load that you buy from us will be a winner, but in most cases, they are. If you are not satisfied with the load we will do our best to make it up to you on your next purchase. We are the best at obtaining quality salvage loads out there, and we do care very much about our customer's needs. We go the extra length to satisfy.
Buying NEW SHELF-PULLS, OVERSTOCK AND CLOSEOUTS LIQUIDATION MERCHANDISE is the most sufficient way of buying in bulk/large quantities. These may contain new items shelf-pulls, overstock, out of season, and liquidated merchandise. Most of the loads are in perfect condition with the tags and labels, but some on the other hand may have a slight chance of being slightly damaged due to shipping or human error.
- Condition of Merchandise
- All Merchandise is salvage, store returns, or other similar second-hand merchandise, and is sold As Is with no warranties of any kind or guarantees of any kind expressed or implied. All Merchandise is sold As Is, with no refunds, returns, credits or exchanges offered or given. Loads may be sold as bulk loads (with no wholesale value, percentage or piece count given). The Approximate value stated for Merchandise is merely a number that has been provided to us by its providers as an estimate only of wholesale or retail value at the time of purchase and The Discount warehouse, Inc. in no way represents or guarantees that this is the true value of the products.
- No representation is made as to packaging, style, selection, assortment, condition or seasonality of the Merchandise. The Department Stores shall and The Discount warehouse, Inc., will not be held liable for any dissatisfaction with respect to the sale or quality of Merchandise.
- Department Store Brand Names
- When it comes to the Department stores brand names, there will be a mixture of brands including private labels that the department stores carry. Do not expect only the top brand names. This is beyond our control.
- All orders are subject to acceptance by The Company and prior sale of merchandise to other customers. Such acceptance is conditioned upon Customer acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- The Customer will be held responsible for transportation costs from the distribution center(s) and/or warehouse(s). All claims and/or shortages must also be submitted directly to the freight carrier. Make sure that you count the pallets and the shrink warp before singing and bill of lading. TDW will not be held responsible for any errors made by you or the freight carrier.
- We at TDWCloseouts.com are committed to protecting the privacy of our customers. The security and protection of your personal information is something that we prioritize here at TDWCloseouts.com. We only collect your personal information in order to process our billing, fulfill orders and provide you with an easier, more customized shopping experience. We do not sell or release any of the private information that is collected to any other organization not involved in the transaction.
- Email List
- When you enter into our email database, all that we require is your email address. We send all new a copy of our products list and weekly specials. Established members will occasionally receive information on products, services, special deals, and a newsletter.
We appreciate your business and commit ourselves to providing you with a safe and easy shopping experience on TDWCloseouts.com. If you have any questions or comments about our privacy statement, please complete our contact form or call our customer service department at 1-800-946-8736.
Now We Ship To Mexico and Canada
We Export To All Countries, and Offer Air and Sea Service
T.D.W. can handle all your export shipments to all major ports in the world. We have strong representation throughout the world. We can handle all your containers in a quick and efficient manner. We handle everything from: freight forwarding, customs clearance, ocean freight, door to door (most locations), or door to port -please call for more details. We've asked what our customers need when they are faced with customs regulations, transportation across borders, and the complexities of international documentation requirements. The answer was clear. A full-service company that provides personalized service, reliable handling of goods and guaranteed results.
Talk To Us!
Toll-Free: 1-800-946-8736 Local: 954-746-8000